Security Basics mailing list archives

Windows XP local Privileges

From: "Rashied Sambo" <Rashied () Honey-CT co za>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 09:26:09 +0200

Hi

Not sure if this was mentioned already,so hopefully I am not being redundant.
My problem is this:-

We have a Small Bus. Server, App server and terminal server. I have added a new workstation to log onto the domain. But
now the XP pc's local privileges is being dictated by the SBS domain server. Normaly I would like this but our internet
is via proxy on the SBS server and to be able to activate windows xp via the internet I need admin rights on the
workstation. Could you guys (and gals) help me by telling what to try to have my workstation dictate its own rights and
not authenticate its rights form the server?

Thanx

Rashied Sambo
Rashied () Honey-CT co za
IT / Admin / Marketing