Security Basics mailing list archives

How can I enable power users on W2k domain to defrag their hard drives??

From: "AndrewC" <andrew () whirlow plus com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 21:52:45 +0100

Hi All

Just a brief query. At my work we have about 150 users on a W2k
domain(s). The vast majority of machines are Win XP Pro with the
remainder being Windows 2000. I have in the past had to make the users
local admins due to some of the applications we have to run (before we
created the Domain). This came with the usual problems of software being
installed illicitly etc so I have created several group policy objects
for AD and have made everyone power users. My question?? How can I
enable users to Defragment their own hard drives as power users? (is it
possible through GP?)

Any suggestions would be gratefully received

Thanks in Advance

Andrew Craig

Computer Forensics Training at the InfoSec Institute. All of our class sizes
are guaranteed to be 12 students or less to facilitate one-on-one
interaction with one of our expert instructors. Gain the in-demand skills of
a certified computer examiner, learn to recover trace data left behind by
fraud, theft, and cybercrime perpetrators. Discover the source of computer
crime and abuse so that it never happens again.

http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/computer_forensics_training.html