Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Images being pulled in Outlook 2003 even though don't download pictures is set?

From: "Spencer, Mark" <mspencer () evidentdata com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 08:42:08 -0700

I got a significant number of responses to my original question ..
Thanks everyone!

The explanation I got was very consistent - the cid value refers to
content elsewhere in a multi-part message.  When I perform a "Save As"
to HTML from Outlook 2003 and view the output in a text editor, there is
no image data or other parts to the message, which caused my confusion.