Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: company password keeping

From: JGrimshaw () ASAP com
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 14:54:51 -0500

This white paper discusses TACACS+ and Radius.

http://www.networkcomputing.com/902/902ws1.html

Radius, at least in Windows 2003, can be integrated with Active Directory.
 I don't have a specific link for that handy, unfortunately, but I am sure
MS's website is filled with them.

Many core infrastructure devices allow for a RADIUS server
connections--and I know that Cisco devices use TACACS+ as well as Radius.
It's a matter of getting that TACACS+ and Radius infrastructure up and
running first.

Juan B <juanbabi () yahoo com>
08/19/2004 01:43 AM

security-basics () securityfocus com
cc

Subject
company password keeping

I am looking for a solution to manage all the
passwords to all my network devices routers,switches
and servers.

Do you know of a way/product that passwords could be
centralized or integrated into TACACS or Active
directory, or any other way of centrally managing the
passwords?

thanks

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Computer Forensics Training at the InfoSec Institute. All of our class
sizes
are guaranteed to be 12 students or less to facilitate one-on-one
interaction with one of our expert instructors. Gain the in-demand skills
of
a certified computer examiner, learn to recover trace data left behind by
fraud, theft, and cybercrime perpetrators. Discover the source of computer
crime and abuse so that it never happens again.

http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/InfoSecInstitute_security-basics_040817

http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/computer_forensics_training.html