Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Windows 2000 Administrator lockout

From: Bruno Guedes Souto <brunoguedes () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 10:40:12 -0300

You can use audition programs like @stake LC4 or 5 (the old
l0pthcrack). Since you are using symantec virus manager I assume it's
a windows box, then you will need the SAM file of the station you
wanna crack. To get the SAM file content you can use a program called
pwdump2. Of course you will have to run the LC in a machine that you
have admin rights.

Bruno G. Souto