Security Basics mailing list archives

How to identify a WEB proxy.

From: "Bruno G. San Alejo" <bgonzalez () polar es>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:56:12 -0400

Hello all, I'm interested in how one can identify what type of WEB proxy server is connecting trough. Since it's a passive service, I can't just telnet to the port and grab the banners. Also, whn capturing the traffic, all there is to see is the http headers since the rest of the information can be forged.

I'm not talkign about using "amap" to identify the service., but whether it is possible to get the commercial product being used.

   Thanks!

--
"No te tomes la vida en serio, de todas formas no vas a salir vivo." Anonimo.

"Don't take life seriously, anyway you ain't getting out alive." Anonymous.

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization. Visit us at: http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html