Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Filtering SPAM with Linux

From: "Wayne Ash" <wayne () ibsinfotech com au>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 10:18:30 +1000

Ivan,

If you wish to have a simple solution, install postfix and enable the
maps_rbl_list command to lookup the connecting mail server for
blacklisting.

(this assumes you have exchange 2000 installed, as exchange 2003
supports RBL blacklisting)

When enabled this will reduce your spam, and if you are still not happy
then enable SpamAssassin.

Wayne