Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Monitor XP (ICS ) client connections?

From: "David Gillett" <gillettdavid () fhda edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 08:25:38 -0700

  I neglected to mention that changing the network topology is
not going to be a popular answer.  The current Internet connection
is by way of a device that connects to the gateway machine via USB,
so inserting a router between the two cannot easily be done.

  However, I believe most of the suggestions I've received so far
will show the external address of the gateway and not the internal
address of the client, unless they're actually installed on the
client instead of the gateway.  This solution at least avoids that
problem.

David Gillett