Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: apache2, php and SSL

From: Mathieu Carbou <carbou.mathieu () courrier uqam ca>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 17:18:26 -0400

I don't think it's "unsecure" : many web servers uses the last apache 2.0, the last php version ans openssl version.

The main difference between using apache 2.0 or 1.3 is just that the latter has been tested hardly in real production environment and is known to work very well.

But all depends on your needs...

Mathieu.

Sven Riedel wrote:

Hi,
I've heard several times that the above combination is supposed to be
unsecure and best avoided. Could anyone elaborate on why this is
unsecure?

Regs,
Sven

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization. Visit us at: http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html