Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: BS7799 and Risk Analysis

From: Alessandro Bottonelli <a.bottonelli () axis-net it>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 11:07:31 +0200

On Tuesday 30 March 2004 23:05, you wrote:
 I was looking for a weeks training that would set me in
good stead for the future and was debating between CISSP and BS7799 and yes
I know they are a World apart.

Indeed! That's why I chose to certify for both. My undertanding is that BS
gives you pretty much the business perspective on security while CISSP gives
you the technical/operational perspective. I wanted both!

I strongly suggest security professionals to go for both (given the time, the
money, and the curiosity for an holistic view of one's profession). The only
warning is that at times clients are not sure to what kind of professional
they're talking to... as long as YOU know, it's a minor issue :-)

Cheers from sunny Italy

--
Alessandro Bottonelli, CISSP & BS7799 Lead Auditor
A.Bottonelli () axis-net it

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html