Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Windows SUS Question

From: "Glenn Pearl" <glennp () datasync com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 11:50:07 -0500

In my testing, I was able to use the policy file to apply the SUS
configuration using Local Security Policy on an client system that had a
different workgroup name than the SUS server system (ie: no Domain
involved at all).  Automatic updates worked without problem or error
using this method.

I would guess that the SUS client configuration could also be applied
with a registry import.

Regards,
Glenn Pearl