Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Question about wireless lan card drivers....

From: "Dante Mercurio" <Dante () webcti com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:41:24 -0400

The wpc54g card by Linksys uses a Broadcom chipset. There are numerous
complaints regarding the lack of open source support for this chipset,
and it appears unlikely the maker will release any instruction set/api.
This results in no direct support for Linux.

There is, however, a work around if you want to get this running on
Linux:
http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader/
This is a wrapper that loads the Windows driver in Linux. Pretty slick,
though I haven't tried it yet.

It is unlikely there will be other operating system support unless they
directly write for it.

Hope this helps,
M. Dante Mercurio
dante () webcti com