Security Basics mailing list archives

Re:Hard Drive keeps filling up

From: "Halverson, Chris" <chris.halverson () encana com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 10:30:30 -0600

Try using the Process Explorer from Sysinternals.com.  Use it in place of
the task manager for this type of issue.  It will give you information on
the process and even give you additionally Mutex strings etc... that should
give you an idea what program is running.

Secondly, I agree with one of the other posts saying about going to a
housecall type of service for AV to further examine the Virus Status of the
machine.

Third, examine file rights and permissions of the TMP file, some interesting
information might be gathered from that.

Did you examine your FW logs from the time that you were logged into your
Daughter's machine?

CH