Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Access Internal and External Networks

From: Meidinger Chris <chris.meidinger () badenit de>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:38:38 +0100

Although management headaches may abound, my preffered setup is:

                                   |--> Server 1 <--|
INTERNET <--> External Firewall <--|--> Server 2 <--|--> Internal Firewall
<--> LAN
                                   |--> Server 3 <--|

Putting a NIC in each of 2 firewalls for each server can be a bit of a
headache, but the kind of granular control that is available is (in my
opinion) worth it.

just 20% of a Dime,

Chris