Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Virus Question

From: Brian Dunbar <Brian.Dunbar () plexus com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 11:45:34 -0500

Mike [mailto:mjcarter () ihug co nz] Friday, September 19, 2003 7:13 PM said;

Hi,
Has anyone heard of a virus that causes a windows popup message to
appear with the words "you_should'nt_see_me" or similar? I've googled
and searched AV sites and come up with nothing. But I remember seeing
something about a similar message somewhere. Sorry to be so vague but
that's all the info I was given from a user in a remote office that
wasn't very helpful! And no other symptoms that they are aware of.

BTW we use up to date AV at 3 different levels, gateway, mail server,
PC/server

I'd bet your user has Windows Messaging open.  See the link @

http://www.itc.virginia.edu/desktop/docs/messagepopup/

~brian