Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: SANS in Boston

From: Johannes Ullrich <jullrich () euclidian com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 21:15:38 -0400

Ah. Boston... Some sightseeing tips:
- good food in Chinatown. Check out "Ocean Wealth" and Dim Sum
  at "China Perl" (both across the street from each other. Ask
  a local for direction. Walkable from hotel)

- For touristy stuff: Aquarium and anything along the Freedom
  trail.

However, as others pointed out, you will have little time for
sightseeing. Classes are pretty much all day and if you booked
the "Track 1 Bootcamp", there will be an evening session 7-9 pm.

The best thing to do in the evening is to hang out with a few
people from the conference and "Talk Shop" or attend a BoF
session (Bird of a Feather. usually free beer is provided).

Aside from learning a lot, one of the great things about a
conference like this is meeting a lot of similar minded folks
and to keep learning after hours.

Hehe... of course: On Wednesday you can attend my talk in the
evening:
http://www.sans.org/newengland03/special.php

--
Johannes Ullrich                     jullrich () euclidian com
         support () covad net

Captus Networks
Are you prepared for the next Sobig & Blaster?
 - Instantly Stop DoS/DDoS Attacks, Worms & Port Scans
 - Precisely Define and Implement Network Security
 - Automatically Control P2P, IM and Spam Traffic
FIND OUT NOW -  FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit
http://www.captusnetworks.com/ads/42.htm