Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: SANS in Boston

From: "Young, Randy" <RWYoung () verisign com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 09:07:20 -0700

I've been through three SANS tracks, and I find that you really have very little sight seeing time.  The classes are
very intense, and many have evening labs as well.  Even if your track doesn't there are other sessions in the evenings,
and "Birds of a Feather" get togethers.  I get a LOT out of SANS training, but most of the time I don't see the outside
of the Hotel other than on arrival and departure.  The one slightly different was in San Diego where it was at a
resort, so the wireless lan worked out by the several pools, so I could do my email and so on while outside.

The biggest tip I can give is get all you can out of it, the teachers are first class and the material is the best.

Randy Young