Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: FTP Replacement (SSH?)

From: "Gopinath" <gopinath_r () naturesoft net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 09:05:23 +0530

Hi start using SFTP

R.Gopinath
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Decker" <cdecker2281 () yahoo com>
To: <security-basics () securityfocus com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2003 5:52 PM
Subject: FTP Replacement (SSH?)

Hello,

I'm interested in using some type of secure replacement for FTP, such as
SSH.  The only problem is that I'm running Windows 2000 Advanced Server.

Also, if there is a way to get SSHD running (Cygin?), is there a way to
set it up to use Windows 2000 Authentication, and allow every user access
to a "home" directory, which in my case I would want to be their
sub-directory in my Inetpub directory.

I'm really looking for a free solution, but would consider anything
within a reasonable price-range.

Thanks,
Chris
--
  Chris Decker
  cdecker () justemail net

-
Captus Networks
Are you prepared for the next Sobig & Blaster?
 - Instantly Stop DoS/DDoS Attacks, Worms & Port Scans
 - Precisely Define and Implement Network Security
 - Automatically Control P2P, IM and Spam Traffic
FIND OUT NOW -  FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit
http://www.captusnetworks.com/ads/42.htm