Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Detailed steps in Windows Terminal Services handshake

From: Tomasz Barbaszewski <tomekb () aba krakow pl>
Date: 1 Sep 2003 08:43:34 -0000

Best regards from Poland!

I will redirect you to Scandinavia :) -> www.cendio.com.
There is quite nice and deatiled description of MITM attack (in PDF).
I hope it will be helpfull

Best regards once more

Tomasz Barbaszewski

Dear friends,

I've been reading detailed descriptions of RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol)
use
in Microsoft Terminal Services.
I know the communication is encrypted with RC4.
But I can guess how the key is determined. I guess there's some kind of
asymmetric negotiation first. But how is it done?

Could you please point me to a good reference site to find this info?

Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Federal, September 29-30 (Training),
October 1-2 (Briefings) in Tysons Corner, VA; the world's premier
technical IT security event.  Modeled after the famous Black Hat event in
Las Vegas! 6 tracks, 12 training sessions, top speakers and sponsors.
Symantec is the Diamond sponsor.  Early-bird registration ends September 6.Visit us: www.blackhat.com