Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Looking for some ideas on VPN and Dial Up Users and Virus protect ion.

From: Erik <erik () courttavern net>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 00:53:48 -0400

I have created custom applications that perform simple checks for virus
protection status and open ports which would shut down connections in the
case of non-compliance. Before integrated products were available, a custom
application was the only option. The problem is that not all of us have the
in-house resources to develop such features correctly. Also, a local
application (on the remote system) is inherently vulnerable to hackers and
bad users. A compliance server is the best protection.

Infoexpress is leading the way with policy enforcement with their
Cybergatekeeper product.

Check Infoexpress.com for information on Cybergatekeeper.

Erik Mintz