Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Country based IPs

From: "Matthew F. Caldwell" <mattc () guarded net>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 14:12:17 -0400

Dale and Jbod,

        If you want a database download you can request it from ARIN,
it's a difficult to parse format (to prevent spammers). HERE is the form
have fun!

http://www.arin.net/library/agreements/bulkwhois.pdf

As part of our product neuSECURE, we maintain a database of all known
netblocks from the sources ARIN, APNIC, RIPE, etc. The data is refreshed
on a regular basis. We use this data to allow better macro correlation
in our product.  You can create rules that specify if you see something
from a particular country,block,and ranges it can perform actions
including block it at the firewall, email me, create a ticket etc.

Matt

Matthew F. Caldwell, CISSP
Founder and Chief Security Officer
GuardedNet, Inc.