Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Segregation of Development and Production Networks

From: "David Gillett" <gillettdavid () fhda edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 10:36:21 -0700

  I wish I could point you to a referencable source, but
perhaps my comment can help point you in an additional
direction to look....

  Best practices dictate that production operations fall
under the company Operations structure which, if not a
separate division in its own right, is part of the finance
and accounting organization.  Development is usually part
of an Engineering structure.  COO versus CTO.
  This seems to be the only way to give production operations
the necessary authority to reject stuff out of engineering
that isn't quite "ready for prime time".

David Gillett