Security Basics mailing list archives

Segregation of Development and Production Networks

From: WhtWlf2001 <whtwlf2001 () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 05:01:59 -0700 (PDT)

All,

I'm hoping individuals on the list here can point me towards referenceable resources of
information that describe the risks associated with not segregating Development and Production
networks. Anectodal information is great but I really need referenceable information.

I've conveyed the risk information to the organization and at a high level tried to get them to
understand this is a best/leading practice principal to (among other things) ensure a development
bug/process does not interfere/interact with the production environment.

I'm getting increasing pressure to provide reference material to back up this position but came up
empty in a recent google search.

Thanks in advance for your help.