Security Basics mailing list archives

SV: Wireless Network assessment

From: Thomas Westlund <thomas.westlund () prioritytelecom no>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 11:08:04 +0100

Hi,

The biggest problem with wireless security is preventing others from
"tapping" your network, the signal is broadcaste, even
outside the customers physical location (building, site whatver).
Most wireless equiptment has got some kind of access control mechanism,
MAC adress filtering, encryptinon and lots of others I'm shure.
If you can overcome this problem, the security assessment is no different
from that of a wired network.

Hope this helps :)

--
Thomas Westlund