Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: A reminder that security is not inherently solvable with tech nology

From: "Bruno G. San Alejo" <bgonzalez () polar es>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 17:55:17 -0500

Actually I agree with you, though I'm one of them, half way around the world and earning lower wages. This whole thing just shows you that it is neccesary to have motivated and loyal employees and one way is to pay and treat them right even in some other parts of the world. In my case, I'm not in the security bussiness myself though I'm in the programming bussiness. I make now much less than I used to make back in the states in 97 and my quality of life is maybe a slightly better than that of someone in the US working part time in a fast food restaurant.

If the people working for you think they should be pay more and be treated better, you'll have unmotivated employees and security-failure prone organizations. That's the deal: What you pay is what you get.

Robert Mezzone wrote:

Why do I have a feeling this is going to one of those things that 5-10 years
down the road companies are going to realize is a bad idea, and will
probably cost X times more to fix then the amount of money saved by paying
lower wages to a bunch of people half way around the world. And unfortunetly
we will all foot the bill, in more ways then one. Just my two cents.

Robert

Visual & Easy-to-use are not words that you think of when talking about network analyzers. Are you sick of the three window text decodes? Download ClearSight Network's Analyzer and see a new network analysis tool that makes the complex - easy
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/ClearSightNetworks_security-basics_031021

--
"No te tomes la vida en serio, de todas formas no vas a salir vivo." Anonimo.

"Don't take life seriously, anyway you ain't getting out alive." Anonymous.

Forum Systems PRESIDIO: PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE
The Presidio integrates PGP data encryption and XML Web Services security to simplify the management and deployment of PGP and reduce overall PGP costs by up to 80%. FREE WHITEPAPER & 30 Day Trial - http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/ForumSystems_security-basics_031027 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------