Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: NASA Security Audit

From: "Mike" <throwaway () impole com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 15:37:18 -0400

I think the point, correct me if I'm wrong, was to isolate the
damage when the FTP server was compromised.  <The last year has
been bad for FTP servers.>

Another firewall isolating the services you know will eventually
have problems, limiting incoming and especially outgoing traffic
is not a bad idea.  Have the "bad" server off the main switch/hub.
If you follow my reasoning?

Cheers
-Mike