Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Detect proxy software - Internet access control

From: Ivan Hernandez <ivan.hernandez () globalsis com ar>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 14:47:38 -0300

fine, usually HTTP Proxy servers add some kind of banner like
"Via: 1.0 proxy.myhome.com"
there are also NAT proxy implementations on WinXP, Win2K, Linux, BSD, and much others so i suppouse that if your passive fingerprint reveals different system versions for a same IP address you have different machines behind a NAT (of course, VMWare installed with another host OS can make the same for a single legitimate user).
You'll be always in doubt i suppouse...

Ivan Hernandez
http://biromeponja.8k.com

Milind Nanal wrote:

Dear,

I am looking for any freeware/ commercial evaluation tool which would detect
the  systems running with proxy application to serve other system. I want to
have strict control on Internet access. So I want only allowed users should
use the Internet facility & they should not be running proxy application to
server Internet for their friends.

Regards,

Milind