Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: remote passwd change

From: "Brian Shaw" <bshaw () vsvinc com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 08:39:02 -0400

Unfortunately, sending the paswords in clear text will compromise the machines
security.  A better way to do it would be to setup a secure web page on that
server with a CGI script behind it to make the changes.  This also would have
the advantage that your windows users would need to add anything to their
computers.  You could just send them all an email containing the link for them
to click on.

Brian

Bite the Power!
             -- Bucky Kat, 2003