Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: military strike possible?

From: Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers <bugtraq () planetcobalt net>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 08:33:52 +0100

On 2003-10-30 J Kallberg wrote:
And your point?

We as a joint effort in the civilized world to maintain that a legal
framework, as accepted through democratic channels in our societies,
is upheld on the Internet as well as in the streets and alleys, to
enable people to enjoy their lives, respect each other and live in
peace.

And would accept to destroy other people's lives? Just because they
happen to live in the "wrong" country?

Almost every nation work together to ensure that Internet is used and
not abused.

My comment, how do we handle a nation that instead create a business
of the abuse of Internet?

And what nation exactly are you talking about? What evidence do you have
that the whole nation is part of this conspiracy rather than just the
random hacker? Would you as happily accept collateral damage if it was
happening to you?

And your point?

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers

Forum Systems PRESIDIO: PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE
The Presidio integrates PGP data encryption and XML Web Services security to
simplify the management and deployment of PGP and reduce overall PGP costs
by up to 80%.
FREE WHITEPAPER & 30 Day Trial -
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/ForumSystems_security-basics_031027