Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: McAfee Anti Virus V4.5.1 SP1

From: "Pour, Matthew" <mpour () bmc com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 17:49:39 -0600

Another is issue may be how the anti-virus software is installed.  If I am
not mistaken, the ON-ACCESS is configured to scan default files (whatever is
configured in the definition file) whereas the ON-DEMAND scan is configured
to scan ALL files.

Either scanner may be configured like the other.

-Matt