Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: About SUS.

From: "Netprouk Services" <Netprouk () netprouk com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 18:34:50 -0000

Hi All,
         The best way to check SUS is working properly is via the W3SVC logs
locate by default in \winnt\system32\logfiles\w3svc\ (although you may want
to move them via iis admin mmc) on the SUS server.
This shows the updates taken by the client machines, patch approval etc.

Regards

Jason Normanton
Senior Consultant (Directory Services)
Netprouk
Http://www.NetProUK.Com
Jason () Netprouk com
Tel. +44 (0) 191 420 6945
Mob. +44 (0) 7776444789
"Our only limitations are those which we set up in our minds or permit
others to establish for us."
"The only secure computer is one that's unplugged, locked in a safe, buried
20 feet under the ground in a secret location... and I'm not even too sure
about that one"--Dennis Huges, FBI.