Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Recommendations on Hacking Tools/Exploits for my security class...

From: Brian Jones <brian () slowbox com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 15:44:59 -0600

On Wednesday 12 November 2003 11:00 pm, marshall28 () juno com wrote:

Hello everyone,

In another 6 months or so I will be taking a class at my technical school

<snip>

You might want to look into Nessus for port and exploit scanning. It's a great
tool IMHO.
http://www.nessus.org/

As far as expoloits, I would suggest looking at any of the following links.
http://www.securiteam.com/exploits/     Don't forget the archives.
http://www.security.nnov.ru/search/exploits.asp
http://www.k-otik.com/exploits/
http://beatbox.suidzer0.org/exploits.php
http://www.security-corporation.com/exploits.html
http://www.labmice.net/Security/exploits.htm

HTH.

--
Brian

Forum Systems PRESIDIO: PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE
The Presidio integrates PGP data encryption and XML Web Services security to
simplify the management and deployment of PGP and reduce overall PGP costs
by up to 80%.
FREE WHITEPAPER & 30 Day Trial -
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/ForumSystems_security-basics_031027