Security Basics mailing list archives

Recommendations on Hacking Tools/Exploits for my security class...

From: marshall28 () juno com
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 05:00:29 GMT

Hello everyone,

In another 6 months or so I will be taking a class at my technical school in which I will have to bring up a network
behind a Cisco router, secure it, and then try to grab a file on the other persons network and change the contents of
it. The class is designed  so that you have to build a network like you were building one out in the real world. This
means you can't just block every port. You have to allow certain ones in order for your users to get around and do
their job. In order to do this I will need some exploits to get into their machine. This is where you guys come in. I'm
curious if I could get some tips on what tools/exploits I should use as well as where to find these. I'm mainly looking
for exploits for Windows 2k/XP/2k3, Linux, and Cisco routers.

thanks
marshall

P.S. I know the class is a long ways away but I want to get a good head start. This way I know my plan of att

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Forum Systems PRESIDIO: PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE
The Presidio integrates PGP data encryption and XML Web Services security to
simplify the management and deployment of PGP and reduce overall PGP costs
by up to 80%.
FREE WHITEPAPER & 30 Day Trial -
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/ForumSystems_security-basics_031027