Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: trusted & untrusted ports

From: "Duston Sickler" <dustons () charter net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:32:37 -0600

Hello List,

The general rule with firewalls are everything is blocked by default.  Only
open up exactly what you need to do business and nothing more.  Which port
you open and use depends on how you are going to connect.  If possible us
SSL and put the device you connect to in a DMZ.

Good Luck,

Duston Sickler
CompTIA A+ Certified