Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: How does one connect to a shell (cmd.exe) bound to a port on a remote machine?

From: H Carvey <keydet89 () yahoo com>
Date: 11 Nov 2003 16:52:45 -0000

I've been looking at some perl scripts that purport to create cmd.exe shells bound to a tcp port on a remote machine.
I'm curious, how would someone connect to these shells?  The code looks very compact, I wouldn't imagine you could
just http to the port bound with cmd.exe?

Most of the recommendations so far have been to use telnet or netcat, which I agree with, but to be really clear on the
issue, it might help if you posted the code you were looking at, or a link to it.

Forum Systems PRESIDIO: PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE
The Presidio integrates PGP data encryption and XML Web Services security to
simplify the management and deployment of PGP and reduce overall PGP costs
by up to 80%.
FREE WHITEPAPER & 30 Day Trial -
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/ForumSystems_security-basics_031027