Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: syslog consolidation

From: Kelly Martin <kel () securityfocus com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 12:22:19 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Ivan Coric wrote:

I am looking into consolidation tools for syslog and syslog daemon
replacement and would like to hear from the list on your experiences.

I have looked at
- intellitactics (too expensive)
- netforensics (agents required)
- m-syslog
- syslog-ng

I will be publishing a four-part syslogd series on SecurityFocus,
schedule for early December. By Jeremy Rauch. Stay tuned. :)

-- Kelly Martin SecurityFocus kel () securityfocus com +001-403-261-5468

Forum Systems PRESIDIO: PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE
The Presidio integrates PGP data encryption and XML Web Services security to
simplify the management and deployment of PGP and reduce overall PGP costs
by up to 80%.
FREE WHITEPAPER & 30 Day Trial -
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/ForumSystems_security-basics_031027