Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: syslog consolidation

From: Brad Arlt <arlt () cpsc ucalgary ca>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:06:53 -0700

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 11:26:08AM +1000, Ivan Coric wrote:
I have looked at
- m-syslog

Isn't developed much, so I didn't go with it.

- syslog-ng

Has treated me quite well over the last few years.  With its filtering
of facility, priority, program and the log message I can devide my
logs up into easy to handle chunks.

The new release has provisions for chroot jail, and running as another
user built into the code.

But I am starting to sound like the FAQ:

http://www.campin.net/syslog-ng/faq.html
   __o          Bradley Arlt                    Security Team Lead
 _ \<_          arlt () cpsc ucalgary ca                University Of Calgary
(_)/(_)         Joyously Canadian               Computer Science

Forum Systems PRESIDIO: PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE
The Presidio integrates PGP data encryption and XML Web Services security to
simplify the management and deployment of PGP and reduce overall PGP costs
by up to 80%.
FREE WHITEPAPER & 30 Day Trial -
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/ForumSystems_security-basics_031027