Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Audit of file permissions on per-user basis

From: "CHRIS GRABENSTEIN" <LFGRABC () LF VCCS EDU>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 10:02:51 -0500

This looks just about perfect with the exception of one problem.  It seems to
stop crawling the directory tree part of the way through "Documents and
Settings".  Is there a known limit to the number of objects it can handle in
a single session?

If all else fails I could probably right a script or batch file to run it
once for each first-level directory and append all the results to a single
file for later grepping.  If I got really ambitious I could have it check
which groups a user is a member of and grep out those too.

Thanks