Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Distressing, possibly life threatening emails from free accou nts (yahoo, hotmail

From: "Robinson, Sonja" <SRobinson () HIPUSA com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 09:56:43 -0400

1. Save the e-mail in all its entirety.  Make sure ALL headers are saved.
2. perform header traceback as far as possible ensuring that the e-mail
address is not spoofed.  If it is traceback to proper ISP.
3.  Once this is performed take it to the users local/county PD and have
them subpoena the ISP for the user records.
4.  If you provide me with a geographic location of the user I will help you
find a contact there.

Sonja Robinson, CISA
Network Security Analyst
HIP Health Plans