Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Pointsec disk encryption

From: Chris Burton <cyberhiker99 () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 06:51:09 -0700 (PDT)

I just finished deploying this to 15000 users, the way
that we set it up is we have a common directory called
the X: Drive that we map everyone to.  Then we created
a Master profile that points them to specific
directories for each activity.  We created an update
directory for any update profiles, a recovery
directory for any recovery files.

Contact me directly for any futher information or
screen shots or whatever.

Chris Burton
RedEyeTek, Inc.
240-793-9123

--- Dave <dt382 () hotmail com> wrote:

I'm currently reviewing the Pointsec disk encryption
product and haven't
been able to identify how the product sends it's
recovery key information
over the network and what impact a change to the
relevant destination
location share (i.e. to write only) might be.

Does anyone have any experience with this product
who may be able to help?

Cheers