Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Ports 1985 and 1986

From: Chris Burton <cyberhiker99 () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 11:23:52 -0700 (PDT)

To all people with port questions on XP, W2K, NT (I am
not sure if the other OS flavors work) try Active
Ports.

http://www.ntutility.com/freeware.html

It is totally hot.  Send me an email with your
success/unsuccess.

-Chris

--- Jeff Lane <crash () pinehurst net> wrote:
This afternoon I noticed a couple connections on a
new server on ports
1985 and 1986.  Anyone know what these ports are?

The machine is a win2k web server with Ensim
installed, MS SQL Server 7,
and not much else.  It has all the latest updates
from MS as well.

If anyone has any info, or needs more info from me,
please let me know.
    Unfortunately, I am a linux admin, not a windows
admin, so I am not
sure yet how to track down things like rogue
processes, and which user
is doing which, and what is bound to what port on a
windows machine.

Thanks
Jeff

--
Jeffrey Lane
ConnectNC.com / Internet of the Sandhills

chown -r us:us /yourbase/

Thinking About Security Training? You Can't Afford
Not To!

Vigilar's industry leading curriculum includes:
Security +, Check Point,
Hacking & Assessment, Cisco Security, Wireless
Security & more! Register Now!
--UP TO 30% off classes in select cities--
http://www.securityfocus.com/Vigilar-security-basics

=====
Chris Burton
(240) 793-9123 (Mobile)