Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Ports 1985 and 1986

From: "Seth Connolly" <sethc () firstcash com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 11:38:16 -0500

Try some of the great free tools from
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/utilities.shtml.

BTW, I love the sig.

Seth

<original message>

<snip>

    Unfortunately, I am a linux admin, not a windows admin, so I am not
sure yet how to track down things like rogue processes, and which user
is doing which, and what is bound to what port on a windows machine.

Thanks
Jeff

--
Jeffrey Lane
ConnectNC.com / Internet of the Sandhills

chown -r us:us /yourbase/

Thinking About Security Training? You Can't Afford Not To!

Vigilar's industry leading curriculum includes:  Security +, Check Point,
Hacking & Assessment, Cisco Security, Wireless Security & more! Register Now!
--UP TO 30% off classes in select cities--
http://www.securityfocus.com/Vigilar-security-basics