Security Basics mailing list archives

Password Cracking

From: Peter Weiss <dvdsandbooks () hotmail com>
Date: 17 May 2003 23:56:33 -0000

I was recommended this site by a friend of mine. I manage the website
http://www.breakdownservices.com/ , and lately there have been numerous
attempts at obtaining login information for legit casting directors. I
was simply wondering what tools hackers are using to obtain such
information (many of the attempts turned out to be successful). I did
some research on my own, and read about brute force/dictionary attacks,
but when trying to satisfy my knowledge of these techniques I couldn't
find anything to use them with. Also, is this the only technique hackers
could possible use on my site? I figure if I understand how this works, I
can prevent it!
Thanks.

Thinking About Security Training? You Can't Afford Not To!

Vigilar's industry leading curriculum includes:  Security +, Check Point,
Hacking & Assessment, Cisco Security, Wireless Security & more! Register Now!
--UP TO 30% off classes in select cities--
http://www.securityfocus.com/Vigilar-security-basics