Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: suggestions on a good firewall

From: "Mike Moore" <mike () moorecomputing net>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 18:14:17 -0500

Or even better www.ipcop.org . A lot better support and no abuse.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Tesch [mailto:dantel () rb-group com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 1:37 PM
To: Beaney, Derek; security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: Re: suggestions on a good firewall

Try www.smoothwall.org

Beaney, Derek wrote:

im planning on making a firewall for my home system.. I am running
windowsXP / SuSE 8.1 dual boot  what I want to do is set up another
computer to act as a firewall for my main system. what I
want this to
do is to be able to control what enters and leaves my system  with a
way to set up permissions. preferably I would like to have a
firewall
running on either a Linux or Unix os ... no m$ =) tia

Thinking About Security Training? You Can't Afford Not To!

Vigilar's industry leading curriculum includes:  Security +,
Check Point,
Hacking & Assessment, Cisco Security, Wireless Security &
more! Register Now! --UP TO 30% off classes in select cities--
http://www.securityfocus.com/Vigilar-security-basics