Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: suggestions on a good firewall

From: "Joseph" <jolt () nicholasofmyra org>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 14:00:00 -0400

The best OS for a firewall is one you know well.  That said, I like FreeBSD
also.  OpenBSD is suppose to be terrific for this, but it takes some
learning as well.  SuSE could be used since you are familiar with it.  For
home use, with an old PC, I would suggest http://www.netboz.net/ .  It boots
an old PC to a stripped down FreeBSD firewall and stores configuration
information on a floppy that can be write protected.