Security Basics mailing list archives

suggestions on a good firewall

From: "Beaney, Derek" <Derek.Beaney () usa xerox com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 09:57:24 -0400

im planning on making a firewall for my home system.. I am running windowsXP
/ SuSE 8.1 dual boot  what I want to do is set up another computer to act as
a firewall for my main system. what I want this to do is to be able to
control what enters and leaves my system  with a way to set up permissions.
preferably I would like to have a firewall running on either a Linux or Unix
os ... no m$ =) tia

Thinking About Security Training? You Can't Afford Not To!

Vigilar's industry leading curriculum includes:  Security +, Check Point,
Hacking & Assessment, Cisco Security, Wireless Security & more! Register Now!
--UP TO 30% off classes in select cities--
http://www.securityfocus.com/Vigilar-security-basics