Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: googling an IP address

From: "CHRIS GRABENSTEIN" <LFGRABC () LF VCCS EDU>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 08:13:03 -0400

That link shows up if you don't enclose the IP in quotes.  Clicking on the
link just encloses the query in quotes for you.  I've searched using my own
IP as well as a few IPs that spend most of the day surfing the internet, and
all I've found were two pages containing visitor statistics.  Since the
majority of sites don't show those statistics I really don't see a problem.