Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Good Red Hat install

From: Markus Kovero <muikku () muikkuverkko net>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 22:50:07 +0300 (EEST)

sounds somewhat suspicious:) there are also other leenox distros available
like Debian (http://www.debian.org) which has "good" package-managing
system called apt, also people like Slackware (http://www.slackware.org).
If you want to try something else than Linux there are other options
aswell for *nix-like OS, FreeBSD (http://www.freebsd.org),
NetBSD (http://www.netbsd.org) and OpenBSD (http://www.openbsd.org).
For minimalistic systems, Minix (http://www.cs.vu.nl/~ast/minix.html).
*BSD's and Minix are free for download and they all got nice
documentations. examples and howtos.

Greets
Markus Kovero