Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: some permission problem?

From: Jason Burroughs <jdog1016 () hotpop com>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 23:11:04 -0400

That's true, but the real issue is not merely the fact that /etc/passwd
can be accessed but the fact that *by default* (assuming apache), httpd
will allow clients to arbitrarily walk through the entire filesystem and
any file that httpd can read from is fair game for a client.

martincad () fibertel com ar wrote:

I think you don't have to warry if you use Shadow passwords
Do you use it  ?