Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Windows 2000 user login

From: "John Tolmachoff" <sflist-secbasic () reliance net>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 07:24:42 -0800

I have never posted to this board, so hopefully I'm following the right
procedures.
My issue is that a user's account keeps getting locked out due to an
aggressive
password policy (30 days) and he claims that he isn't logged into multiple
machines
nor is he fat fingering his password.  Is anybody aware of a product to
find out
where or how many Windows 2000 servers or workstations a user is logged
into?
My thinking is that he's logged into multiple machines under an old
password that
keeps locking him out.

Or there may be a program installed or scheduled task trying to run under
his logon with the old password.

John Tolmachoff MCSE, CSSA
IT Manager, Network Engineer
RelianceSoft, Inc.
Fullerton, CA  92835
www.reliancesoft.com

SurfControl E-mail Filter puts the brakes on spam,
viruses and malicious code. Safeguard your business
critical communications. Download a free 30-day trial:
http://www.surfcontrol.com/go/zsfsbl1